Thursday, June 22, 2006

OK I get the point!

People are telling me my postings are too long so they don't bother reading them..well, all I have to say is I'll try to shorten them. When I first started this, I said to my friend, "Friend, I can't write. I don't know how to put my thoughts on paper. I'll have nothing to say". So, I guess I have to eat my words. Considering how long my postings are, I shouldn't have to eat anything else again in a very long while. I think I'd rather eat the scroll that tasted like honey. But didn't it turn sour in his stomach? Ok so what does this mean? Can anyone tell me:

Ezekiel 3:3Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.
Revelation 10:9So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey."
Revelation 10:10I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

My pastor sent me the following email in response....hmm...interesting...
(OK, now this posting is getting even longer....)
Rev 10:8-112. To eat the book; this part of the charge was given by the angel himself, hinting to the apostle that before he should publish what he had discovered he must more thoroughly digest the predictions, and be in himself suitably affected with them.

II. An account of the taste and relish which this little book would have, when the apostle had taken it in; at first, while in his mouth, sweet. All persons feel a pleasure in looking into future events, and in having them foretold; and all good men love to receive a word from God, of what import soever it be. But, when this book of prophecy was more thoroughly digested by the apostle, the contents would be bitter; these were things so awful and terrible, such grievous persecutions of the people of God, and such desolation made in the earth, that the foresight and foreknowledge of them would not be pleasant, but painful to the mind of the apostle: thus was Ezekiel's prophecy to him, Rev 3:3.(from Matthew Henry's Commentary)

No comments: