Friday, September 11, 2009

Ring of Fire 24-7 Prayer Tour Prep Day 1

Well, things are coming together in a whirlwind of activity - calls, emails, setting up a facebook event, and learning how to operate a video cam.  Ha, for those of you that know me, these are all challenging to say the least ;)

In discussion with Karen, my 'partner in prayer', it was decided that a tent was the better way to go, so this week we will be purchasing a large tent, with some standing room.    Interesting that I was reading in the Old Testament about the type of tent that David used to house the ark..it was called a shelter, or in Hebrew, a sookaw! This provided a place for God's shekinah presence where he could dwell with his people.  We plan to fill the tent with prayers, intercessions, exhuberant worship and quiet contemplation. We will have some musical intruments available, as well as banners, ribbons, and flags.

Will you join us on this pilgrimage?  You can join in prayer with us, or meet us any any of our points along the way.  You can catch the itinerary on my previous post.  I will be updating the blog each day and updating my Facebook status so we can let people know our exact locations.

Psalm 132
A Pilgrim Song
 1-5 O God, remember David, remember all his troubles! 
  And remember how he promised God, 
  made a vow to the Strong God of Jacob, 
  "I'm not going home, 
  and I'm not going to bed, 
  I'm not going to sleep, 
  not even take time to rest, 
  Until I find a home for God, 
  a house for the Strong God of Jacob."

For more information you can check out the Facebook Event - a roadtrip called "Ring of Fire 24-7 Prayer Tour" and become a supporter in prayer or email me at couljercat@yahoo.com for more information.  24-7 Prayer Canada is supporting our efforts!

http://www.24-7prayer.ca/index.php

No comments: