Monday, September 14, 2009

Ring of Fire 24-7 Prayer Tour Prep Day 3

As part of the preparation, Karen and I have been led to a book by Graham Cooke called Crafted Prayer. In it he says,

"The time has come for a new way of prayer. Paridoxically, this new method is actually an ancient way of prayer, one in which God's faithful servants like David and Paul flourished. I call it crafted prayer.....I believe that God is taking many into a new season of intimate, bride-like prayer. REAL WARFARE in the Kingdom of God is always concerned with the battle for intimacy. This is a time to come off the battlefield, and enter a new place of intimate petition."

When I read this, I got pretty excited! This is what our prayer tour is about. He goes on to say:

"God is raising up an army of Esthers, an army of bridal intercessors, and its is a time to come off the wall and rest in the throne room presence of God - in our secret place in Him. It will be difficult for some people to come out of ministry and move into the discipline of resting in God, but the discipline of rest MUST be entered."

Then he says these words and they resound:
"It is a time of laying down ministry to gain fresh intimacy"

And, its time to begin to pray with deight and favour and let our prayers cause our King to stir Himself and come down. God's glory in the midst of his people. His glory is his goodness.

As bridal intercessors, its our joy and delight to pray for the goodness of God to be experienced in a more profound way so that the church can learn that we really do overcome evil with good. Then the Holy Spirit will give us a new stratey for prayer and perserverance; one that contains DELIGHT and LAUGHTER, and is FULL of ardent, passionate love, bathed in fresh worship, and birthed out of a deeper intimacy. Crafted prayer is part of this shift. Prayer in the first stage is not about speaking, but rather about being still: listening and reading.

Prayer:
Lord give us this new revealing of yourself. Remove the veil of our understanding. Reveal your love to us in more profound ways and fill our hearts that we may come into a whole new place of spirituality, a whole new place of walking with you, where we are totally convinced that you love us, care for us, and that you are FOR us and want us to succeed. As we press into this for our prayer tour, lead us to pray your prayers and to be in that place of joy and delight in your presence. Amen.

Crafted Prayer
My child, the weapons of your warfare
are more than a match for the enemy
Whatever has made you feel small
can be turned around with the right weapon

Child, this is not an equal fight!
Every small thing I give you is a significant weapon
against your adversary.
The odds are always in your favour.
Remain childlike and simple in your walk with Me.
I want you to enjoy these experiences I send to you.
Through them I will teach you to smile, to laugh
and to enjoy the power of your Sovereign Lord.

This next season, everything will start
to fall into place for you.
Only look at everything through the eyes and a heart
of a trusting child.
You are My special treasure, my precious one.
I have set this next phase of your journey aside for me
for the purpose of you walking
in simplicity and adoration of Me..enjoy!

~Graham Cooke

3 comments:

merissa said...

wow, this is wonderful. It is really speaking to me and opening my heart to something new. I feel like i've been waiting for the stuff you wrote in this post. Thanks Cathy. :) I'ts always a pleasure to read your posts and I feel like God has used you tremendously in my walk with Him. *hugs

merissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy said...

Hey Merissa good to hear from you. I'm glad that it spoke to you. You are a precious gem!