Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Revealing of the Bride..A Love Story..

Song of Songs 8:6 "Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel (severe, unyielding) as the grave: the coals (Heb."flames") thereof are coals (flames) of fire, which hath a most vehement flame (+ of the Lord")."


The word "seal" is the same Hebrew word for "signet" or "signet ring". The king (or his representative) would affix the royal seal to a document representing His authority, will, ownership, protection or direction. It was to be permanent! Esther 8:8 is a wonderful example of this: "Write ye...in the king's name, and seal it with the king's ring: for the writing which is written in the king's name, and sealed with the king's ring, may no man reverse."

The seal from King Jesus today is the Holy Spirit (II Cor. 1:22; Eph. 1:13; 4:30)! The Holy Spirit is the seal placed within us and assures us that what God promises in His word He will perform! That "sealing of the Holy Spirit" took place the moment she received her Beloved as her personal Lord and Savior. In this verse He is asking her to set Him as a seal upon her heart and arm. She looked very puzzled at this request from Him.

He explains, "My darling bride your heart must have My seal upon it for that is where you make your decisions. Then it must be put on your arm that carries them out. With each decision you must place My seal upon it, then nothing will ever come between us as we walk together up out of this wilderness. It will demonstrate more than anything else that you love Me with all of your heart. My beautiful bride, this is something I will never force upon you. I want you to willingly take it and make it a permanent commitment." She knew this was the most holy and sacred moment of her life. His desire was her desire. Nothing else mattered!

A powerful presence of the precious Holy Spirit filled her whole being. Speaking in her heart He said, "Dear surrendered bride, this is the ultimate gift of joy you could give your Beloved." The enemy fought this decision with all the demons of fear and doubt he could muster against her. But it was to no avail! Her eyes stayed steadfast upon Him. With longing, pleading words she said, "Please, my Love, I must have this seal. I must give You this joy. I must satisfy Your heart, for nothing else will satisfy me!"

Her Beloved's eyes sparkled with delight. Intently gazing at His hands He slowly opened the palms exposing the scars and said, "These my faithful bride are the seal for you, the scars of my crucifixion. They are the guarantee that I will never leave you nor forsake you. They are the assurance that My love for you is eternal. They are pledge that your sins will never rise again to condemn you and the safety that no one can snatch you out of them! My Spirit's indescribable power will be released in you! Then you will know My love which surpasses knowledge. You will be filled with all the fullness of God (Eph.3:19) and be transformed from glory to glory in Me (II Cor.3:18). My seal will cause you to always triumph in all circumstances (II Cor.2:14)."

She touched His outstretched hands and lifted them up to look more closely at the scars. Overwhelmed at what she saw, tears fell uncontrollably upon them. Catching her breath, in a forced whisper she exclaimed, "My name, I see my name, it's there, there in Your hand! Right in the middle of Your scar!" She stood there speechless. Then, He lifted up her face to look into her eyes and said softly, "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. (Isa.49:15-16)!"

She took His right hand lovingly placed the scar over her heart and declared, "O my Love, I promise to You that every decision I must make will be made by You. Every thing that would vie for my love and attention will first be filtered through Your scar!" All of a sudden an indelible mark of His scar appeared over the place of her heart. An inexpressible, heavenly glow of joy filled Him. She then took His left hand and placed it over her arm, then looking into His eyes with a holy fire of devotion declared, "Every action, every activity in my life will have Your approval. It will be only for Your glory." She closed her eyes and felt completely immersed in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Contentment and peace filled her soul. Jesus, bursting with love, said, "Thank you, thank you, thank you - you have made My joy complete!" In this powerful presence she fell limp in His arms - His left hand was under her head to give rest to her mind and His right arm embraced her to impart strength.

Power and glory filled her to overflowing! She understood for the first time what her Beloved meant concerning being baptized with the Holy Spirit and fire (Luke 3:16). Her attitude and actions, her desires and decisions would be completely under the Spirit's control. She would gladly walk in the pathway of crucifixion (Rom.6:6-14; II Cor.4:7-18) - dead to self and independent ambition, but alive in His resurrected life. Everything in her life would have His seal of approval on it. She would say with each decision, "Your will be done in my heart as it is in heaven - never my will!" (Mark 14:36; Matt.6:10).

This is true dying to self - the crucified life, every desire, decision and circumstance filtered through the cross. You ask the question each time, "Would this please my Beloved?" "Would He watch this or listen to that?" "Read this or go there?" Place His hand in front of everything! The crucified life is total confidence that He knows best. The crucified life brings into the heart a wonderful godly fear giving heavenly wisdom and holy direction. His voice, presence, power and love will be experienced as never before. You will fear to hurt the One you love! That's spiritually healthy fear (Psa.147:11; Prov.1:7; 3:7;10:27; 14:26; Eph.5:21)! While she continued to rest in His embrace He said...

"...for love is strong as death, jealousy as cruel (unyielding) as the grave..."

Then He explained to her what all this meant, "You see, My loving, precious wife, death is unyielding, so is My love for you! I will never cease to love you with a 'first love' love! My jealousy, is for your good, it is as strong as the grave for it is unyielding! My passion for your welfare is as flames of fire from on high! O dear bride of My heart, never forget that I have a holy, protecting jealousy (Exo.20:5; 34:14; Deut.4:24; 5:9; 6:15; Josh. 24:19) which will always fight for you against the enemy."

A holy fire rushed through her entire being (Heb. 12:29). It was a purity and holiness ablaze in her spirit and soul. She leaned close to Him with tears of joy running down her cheeks! Thrilled beyond description , she proclaimed, "HE is consumed with me!" "He IS consumed with me!" He is CONSUMED with me!" "He is consumed WITH ME!" She burst out in song....

No comments: