Thursday, April 12, 2007

"A Divine Confrontation" by Graham Cooke

You know I think Ive mentioned this before, but I picked up this book again today and its really amazing. The caption reads: "Birth Pangs of the New Church" and wow, some amazing stuff in here, that I'm actually walking through right now. No idea what I'm doing or why sometimes, but just trying to follow the Master on this ever narrowing road. So much of what I read today is confirmation to me, and wow, do I need confirmation! Tranformation is happening, and the storm is raging..the clash between two kingdoms - the kingdom of man (self) and the Kingdom of God - a beautful collision of sorts. Broken and beautiful at the same time. Only God can bring beauty out of brokenness.

Also, here's a snippet from another book my pastor is reading and he sent me this comment:

I just happened on Mark Galli's words again from "Jesus Mean and Wild"

"As Jesus draws near, so rises the storm. The reasons for the rising storm are many. When Jesus draws near, he draws near as Lord, and he implicitly challenges all other lords. These lords - greed, lust, ambition, pride and so forth - do not care to be toppled from their pedestals, (remember our discussion about Dagon) and during a crisis, when their lordship is challenged, they will demand ever greater devotion. This, in turn, only aggravates our dis-ease, and we sink deeper than ever into loneliness, guilt, shame, and despair. The closer Jesus gets, the more violent the storm within. It gets to the point that either we must die or Jesus must die, and our souls fight ferociously for self-preservation."

But, his kingdom must come, so let the storm rise.

No comments: