Wednesday, November 29, 2006

CLIMB ON...

Spurgeon warned in his day that, "When the old faith is gone, and enthusiasm for the gospel is extinct, it is no wonder that people seek something else in the way of delight. Lacking bread, they feed on ashes; rejecting the way of the Lord, they run greedily in the path of folly"

Who would ascend my holy hill and come into my presence? Truly he who has a true and repentant heart. My hill should not be an arduous one to climb. Behold the mountain of the Lord....those who would climb it, must take what is needed. I go before those who climb my mountain. I go and discard the things which have blocked the passage. I say to my servants of mine, "Do not be content in staying in the lowland." Take the path that is before you, and pursue it with diligence. Come up higher, I say. Here the air has a stillness about it. Go the way which I will show you. Behold your view....look around at your surroundings....look at the distant hills and surrounding plains. This mountain is my training ground. Some have been content, and they have stopped, and pitched their tents at certain places. They have developed a certain "laxness" and they have become used to the things "that they see." But I say to them, "Get up and walk." This is not for those who are lazy, or are not ready for the journey, but for those who long to seek my face. This pathway leads to higher ground. For those who desire Me, I will show them more. Here the eagles gather, and circle round about this mountain. Here the water is pure, and its taste leaves one renewed. Have some of this water, and let it refresh you for the journey ahead. I say unto my servants, "CLIMB ON, CLIMB ON." Forget the former things; look not to the past. Let your hearts and minds be set like flint. Climb up the mountain, and leave your beds of laxness behind. "

No comments: