Friday, October 20, 2006

Prayer is the falling of a tear

Being in agony, Jesus prayed” to His Father in surrender to the cross in Gethsemane (Luke 22:44). Agonizing tears of surrender in prayer are powerful. So are agonizing tears of intercession for others. The mark of God is upon the forehead of those who sigh and cry in prayer.

“And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof” (Ezekiel 9:4).

It is written in the Psalms that tears are like seed and weeping is like the sowing of that seed in prayer.
“Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, Shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him” (Psalm 126:5-6).

Sheaves are the answers to our prayers, the fruit of our labor in prayer. Rachel labored in prayer with lamentation and bitter weeping. God promised her that her labor would be rewarded.

“Thus saith the Lord; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not. Thus saith the Lord; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work [labor] shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come again to their own border.” (Jeremiah 31:15-17).

4 comments:

Merissa said...

Thank you Cathy.
this post encouraged me greatly.
God bless you.

Carrie said...

Cathy

You are a true encourager..

May I ask are you a minster?

Thank you for your post in my blog.. you said what I needed to hear.. Thank you for listening to God and speak what He knew I needed to hear..

God bless you on your journey and may the Lord of Lords forever keep you in His hands..

Cathy said...

Butterfly: No, I am not a minister in the sense that you are asking..but God has called us all to minister to Him first, and then to one another so in that sense I guess we all are!!...I count it a privilege and a blessing for Him to be able to use me to encourage others...I read the information on your blog and will keep you in my prayers..

Carrie said...

Cathy
I agree God has called us all to be minsters. I am stepping out in a new minstry. I work with addicts. I am a recoevered addict. I have been clean for 5 years. My heart is to reach those in that are trapped in addiction and those that are hurting.. I beleive we all have a calling of God a minstetry where only we can reach those God lays within our paths. I believe you have a minstry within its self right here in this blogg. You are an encourager, grounded in the word of God and it shows and reflects in your writing.. I know you have minster to me in you this blog...

Thank you for your prayer, I am facing some tough trails but I know that God will see me through and at the end of the road will recieve the victory.
God Bless
Carrie