Monday, June 12, 2006

Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of your life..

Well, let's see..hmm..its been a couple of days now since I last wrote. Since that time, I've been kind of in a "dormant" state. Not that I'm not moving ahead or anything, its just feels like a time of testing. My reactions, attitudes, motivations are all being sifted ....oh and its easy to justify myself, but God has been impressing upon me that if I want to move on with Him, then I must look at some things "not so pretty" in my life and in my heart. Of course, I've done this in times past, but this time its different. Its like a searchlight, going into the darkest corners and making sure that all the "rooms" are swept clean. No cobwebs, no dirt and grime, no unexpecting things lurking behind doors, etc. I guess you could call it "spring cleaning". Jesus often referred to our bodies as a house and inside there are many "rooms". I love this scripture:

2 Timothy 2:20-22 (New International Version) 20In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. 21If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. 22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Although Im not a 'youth' anymore, I can still relate! I can certainly act immature..but the bottom line for me is this:

I WANT A PURE HEART! Don't you?? This next part I'm inserting from someone else's blog that I thought was really cool:

Preparation of the heart - the heart must be totally undivided and be set steadfast and firm in His heart. The heart must be pure. The heart must be protected for it's the wellspring of life and must be guarded at all cost. The spring must run clear and clean. The wellspring must pour out life for others. This preparation and battle is not for me, it's for the purposes of the Kingdom, for the hearts of the lost and broken, it's for the King.

Bye for now..keep pressing in for more..cuz there is sooooo much more than we can ask, think or even imagine...

Love, Cathy

Oh by the way, here's a pic just to poke at your curiousity!


1 comment:

Austin said...

i see you leaned how to post a picture. haha