Thursday, August 28, 2008

Spiritual Warrior

I'm going through the book by Graham Cooke "Qualities of a Spiritual Warrior"..

Here's a quote from what I'm reading right now:

"Relentlessly, day after day, the Holy Spirit showed up with immense comfort, deep joy, and rest - pure sweet rest. I felt my anger leave. Resentment and bitterness were reduced so radically. I misplaced them for months at a time. When they returned on days, I just smiled and refused......He taught me how to see people and events His way....and His lovingkindness wore down my flesh until it died - overwhelmed by grace.

He showed me myself and then proceeded to love me so outrageously that it broke my heart. I was worse than anyone I knew, and He touched me, kissed me, loved on me until I capitulated......

I began to learn about being preoccupied with Jesus. I learned to understand thet if I defend myself, whose self was I defending? I became silent towards people and vocal towards God. I discovered a wonderful thing - how to die quickly!...

In the lovingkindness of God, I let it all go....Silence opresses the enemy, Rest infuriates him, the Cross debilitates him...."

No comments: