Friday, December 07, 2007

Story of a woman whose son was killed in the Rwandan genocide

As told by Mark Buchanan...

This woman had nursed bitterness, grievance, and thoughts of vengeance; she just wanted to find her son's killer and bring due punishment. But, one night she had a dream, and in the dream she was going down this street and saw a house, and she knew it was a house of her enemy. And she heard God say, "Go into the house." She said, "I don't want to go into the house." She went into the house, and God led her through many rooms and then up the stairs. And he said, I want you to go up the stairs." She said, "I don't want to go any further in this house." "I want you to go up the stairs." She went up the stairs, opened the door at the top, and finds it leads into heaven. And she had a revelation that the path to heaven goes through the house of her enemy.

Two days later, there was a knock on her door. A young man is standing at the door, and he is shaking. He says to her: "I am the man who killed your son. I place my life in your hands; whatever you want to do with me, I accept it. I have had no peace since I did what I did. And I will accept whatever. If you want to kill me, you can kill me. If you want to turn me in to the authorities, turn me in to the authorities. Whatever you want - my life is in your hands."

And because she had revelation from God, she said, "I will not do any of this. But I do have one request. You must now become my son." She took him in and fed him at the table where she fed her son. He's the same size, so he wore his clothes. He actually moved in and became a son to her, because heaven passes through the house of her enemy.

This boy is still living with her. God has given her such favor that she now has a national ministry in Rwanda. She travels all around, and she's helping the whole nation deal with the issue of reconciliation, because heaven passes through the house of your enemy.

No comments: