Sunday, December 30, 2007

"I Will Restore the Years" Joel 2:25

In the first chapter of Joel, an invading swarm of locusts had completely devastated the land of Judah. Their blight, accompanied by drought and famine had withered every aspect of their existence.

And I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten..Joel 2:25

What is it that has overwhelmed and ravaged the western church? The locusts of tradition! These hordes are a picture of the idolatrous, humanistic distortion of 2 key dynamics:

1. Another image of Christ - man made ideas present another image of Christ. They present another Jesus.

2. Another gospel is preached - money making, man-centered, comfortable, seeker sensitive "christianity"

This is in stark contrast to Christ centered paradigm. What we need are people who will no longer bow to the god of religion and comfort - who will stand up to the gods of this age - who have the courage to fully surrender and be completely crucified with Christ.

Who is On the Lord's Side?

I have chosen Zion, here will I dwell
Gather the old men, gather the young men, gather the children,
Let the bridegroom come forth from his chamber,
Let the bride come our of her closet,
I plead with you, O Zion, there is a controversy in Zion
I will plead with you, there's a contoversy in Zion
It is for the corn, the wine and the oil.
Blow the trumpet, blow the trumpet...
I have pierced your ear so that one again you'll fear My name.
I call you to the Feast, I call you to the Harvest Feast.
I will cleanse your blood,
I will remove from you the reproach of Egypt once again,
Let the nations gather,
Let them assemble to the Valley of Jehosophat,
Even the Valley of Decision,
And say with your heart this day, "I CHOOSE THE LORD!"
In My fury I scattered you but for a moment,
But now, with My mercy, I gather you again,
I plead with Zion, to a Priesthood who has wandered from Me,
"WHO AMONG YOU IS ON THE LORD'S SIDE??"
There won't be another season like this, this is serious business,
I am your Judge and jury, I plead with you.
This is the season I am blowing the trumpet, I blow the trumpet!
WHO IS ON THE LORD'S SIDE? WHO WILL BE IN MY ARMY?
Taken from "Sound the Alarm" Kelly Varner

No comments: