Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Weakness & Power ?

Christ's power will rest upon you and flow through you ONLY to the degree that you begin to glory in your weaknesses.

This is in stark contrast to our flesh/human nature that wants to "impress" and put our best foot forward. We want to hide from our weaknesses. Embrace them you say? Never! But if we want His power in our lives then there is no other way. If Paul did this, how much more should we?

2 Corinthians 11:30
If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:5
I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself, except about my weaknesses.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: