Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A New Song

Well, its been awhile since I posted. Been on holidays in Calgary and getting back was pretty busy. God has been bringing me slowly into greater freedom in my life. I really want to bear fruit - I want to be a fruitful vine. I want to be GREEN! I don't want my life to be wasted or spent doing things that in the end will be wood, hay and stubble - dry and dusty. I'm a daughter of the king, and I want to learn how to dance His dance, follow His lead. In the past, I haven't been very good at that. I have my own ideas, my own plans, well my own dance steps, and I want to do it the way that is most comfortable for me. But, I have been challenged of late, that I must put away familiar things. I must walk toward my fears, I must leave that which is comfortable and go where? I am being called to a place, a city of sorts, whose builder and maker is God himself - its a place to call home. Its an internal work of my heart that I just can't explain. Everything is different, nothing is the same anymore. I can't rely on the past nor can I project the future. Everything is in His hands...but somehow I am being propelled into a place that I know I was created for....something in me stirs at the sense of it drawing nearer - that place of intimacy with my Father and the lover of my soul.

Now, I will declare (in song) the praises of Him who called me out of darkness into his marvelous light!

Psalm 84:1-2 What a beautiful home, God-of-the-Angel-Armies! I've always longed to live in a place like this, Always dreamed of a room in your house, where I could sing for joy to God-alive! Birds find nooks and crannies in your house, sparrows and swallows make nests there. They lay their eggs and raise their young, singing their songs in the place where we worship. God-of-the-Angel-Armies! King! God! How blessed they are to live and sing there!

1 comment:

Karen said...

you go girl........a new season...with a new song!!!!!