Monday, May 21, 2007

Axial Age?

The world is standing at the threshold of an unprecedented shift. In light of this reality, we must embrace fresh paradigms of change and uncover the passageway that leads from the "old" to the "new." To help navigate this critical transition, The Coming Shift reveals our need for change and transformation and presents a clear vision for the next step of our journey.

"The Coming Shift expresses the hope and vision that many share of the church's glorious maturity in our time. It will encourage and inspire those who are called to help bring this hope of the ages to a victorious conclusion." – Rick Joyner


I haven't read this book yet, but I intend to soon. We are about to enter a new dimension never before experienced. In a sense, I think we are leaving one age, and entering another..call it dispensation. I also just read this on the Watchmen site called Door of Hope:

What Time Is It?
One of the most important things we need to realize right now is that we have entered into a very significant season of transition in the body of Christ. There is a shift taking place from the church age to the kingdom age. Everything we have known about “doing church” is about to be turned upside down. Religious structures and mindsets that have not been founded on the pure word of God are being uprooted and pulled down, so God can download new revelation, strategies and blueprints from heaven to see the establishment of His kingdom on earth. This shift is critical to the end-time preparation of a glorious Bride and our enemy, knowing that he cannot stop God’s eternal purposes, is doing all that he can to “change the set times and the laws” of God (Daniel 7:5). This strong spiritual dullness is meant to make us insensitive and unaware of the urgency of the hour. It is vital that at this time, we remain “self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.” 1 Peter 5:8-9


There could also be a physical shift: as scientifically defined -

There are two basic types of poleshifts:
axial shift: a change in the inclination of the earth's axis caused by the entire planet altering its axial orientation in space (the position of the geographic poles and equator is unaffected);
polar wander: a change in the location of the geographic poles and equator caused by the entire earth, or its outer shell, moving relative to the spin axis, whose inclination remains unchanged.

Isaiah 24:20a (NIV)
The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind;


I've only been given a glimpse of the spiritual shift but it will completely blow out all pre-conceived ideas, all man made solutions, all programs and self efforts..I was given a prophetic word February 9, 2006, speaking of this very thing...and I quote a portion of it:

......But I tell you this - I have heard the prayers of a small remnant of my people. I am sending a warm wind to blow. This wind will not be like any other wind of the past, for I am a creative God, and I love to do new things. Therefore, do not dwell on any former thing or on any other move of my Spirit, for I am indeed doing a new thing. It will spring up quickly; it will be very different. It will challenge mindsets and institutions. The wind I speak of is the wind of my Spirit blowing. It will be a wind of true repentance and sorrow, even as they look on the one they have pierced and there will be a heavy spirit of grace and supplication on those who hear my call.

Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

To some, who have already been walking in brokenness, humility and true repentance from their own dead works, this wind will come as a rushing wind of power, anointing and love to envelop them and enable them. Most of these servants of mine are well hidden in my body at the present time. They have not looked for positions of ministry or power for themselves, but are presently a nameless, faceless band of people who have learned the way of the cross, to empty themselves so that I can live my life through them. They shun the attention of man, for they know that what is highly esteemed among men, is detestable to me. They also have learned to judge not what their eyes see or their ears hear, but to discern my ways and my voice. They have learned that their own ways cannot be trusted and that my ways are vastly different. They have learned to set aside their own wisdom in exchange for mine. For the wisdom of man is foolish in my sight.



4 comments:

Karen said...

Cathy:

Its the message I am hearing repeatedly. I just got back from a weekend conference with apostolic men I truly respect; the term "new dispensation" was used repeatedly. one of them said "I can here the leaves on the tops of the mulberry bush moving under the new wind of God. It is HERE, people." And, for this new dispensation, there will be a new "economy" of God to pave the way. God will not lead us into this new move without providing all we need to accomplish it. We simply need to keep obeying and listening and remaining accountable to fellowship. It could be daunting huh? But we keep our eyes and spirit FIXED on Him.

Kingdom Shifts said...

Cathy-great post! For some strange reason, my heart is ALWAYS stirred when I read about transitions. I believe it is related to my call as a FORERUNNER. Prepare the way of the Lord! Also, last Christmas I was AMAZED by the number of newsletters that we received that said something like "This has been a year of transition..." Everybody who has an inkling of a spiritual pulse is able to discern to some degree that we are indeed in a time of transition. My heart is greatly stirred!

I sense the Lord saying this to you Cathy:

“I’m bringing you into the FULLNESS of all that has been decreed over your life. There are accelerated changes coming in the next 8 months that will serve as a harbinger of things to come THROUGH you. Ask, seek, knock...the door will be opened. Do not despair of the turbulence – rather, fixate yourself upon Me, for I’m about to do a work that no man could do. I’m going to make you a WONDER for all to see. Know that I’ve made you, and I’m about to bring you into a new expression of My grace. Grace, grace, grace! The WONDER will be heard by many.”

I tried as best as possible to only write what I heard…test it. I’m not sure why I felt that the Lord was using the word WONDER. I’ll have to do some research to understand this more fully.

Keep up the good work!

Brian

Evangelist said...

LIfe is unending growth. Growth is change. Life is change.

Death is an end to growth.

Cathy said...

Or the beginning of new life and new growth?

John 12:23-25 (NIV)Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.