Wednesday, May 16, 2007

DEALING WITH DIFFICULTY

"Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again;but Satan hindered us" (I Thessalonians 2:18).

If we will wait patiently before the Lord then He will make us to know His will. Almost any mistake can be rectified except presumption and rashness. The flesh is always in a hurry, so we should begin to equate "getting in a hurry" with "getting in the flesh". Out of one thousand presumptuous acts, nine hundred and ninety-nine of them are flesh. We want instant relief, instant answers, and instant results, but God wants us to slow down, remain calm, be still, and know that He is God. He wants us to apprehend His Mind, wait for His Spirit, and become acquainted with His ways.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It is not lost time to wait on God."
~ J. Hudson Taylor

Anonymous said...

Wow, Cathy! Hudson Taylor commented on your blog!!!

~ JFL

Anonymous said...

hahah..wow do I feel special!

Cathy

Karen said...

I like this Chip guy!!! He is speaking my experience. All those rash and impulsive "God told me to suddenly jump into this" movements I have made. HA! Talk about Great PILES of wood, hay and stubble!Doesnt Watchman Nee talk about that in "Spiritual Man?" (I know you listed that as a favorite book. That book really really REALLY taught me so much regarding my soul....not a pretty sight. Thank GOD He continually restores....:o))

Karen