Wednesday, April 18, 2007

BESET BY INVISIBLE POWERS

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12

We are not up against flesh and blood these days. The devil is the prince of the power of the air, and he is assisted by legions of wicked spirits and evil angels. Never mind these wiseacres who talk of outmoded ideas from ancient demonology. And do not turn all this over to psychiatrists. Any Christian who gets down to business in spiritual warfare soon finds himself against dark and sinister powers. Our Lord contended with that world during the days of His flesh and delivered men and women from it.

Satan and his legions are out to disable the body, deceive the mind, and discourage the spirit. Some he devours as a roaring lion. Some he leads astray as an angel of light. Others he besets as the accuser. He attacks through morals, through the mind, through moods.

Truly our souls need to be on their guard, for "ten thousand foes arise, the hosts of sin are pressing hard to draw us from the skies."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy,
I am a Christian person who has been under attack in varying degrees for over 16 years. The enemy engaged my in a new age book store and my entire nervous system was taken over. I have been tortured to the point I did not think that I could live, raped, tormented and condemned to death by the invisible powers or criminal organization. As a lifelong Christian, I immediately turned to God but the torment continued. I trust in the shed blood of Jesus Christ who died for me and my salvation and deliverance from evil. I have never practiced any occult arts nor invited any invisible person other than God into my heart and my mind. However, I know that humans are vunerable to preditors and scammers, human and otherwise. I got my life strategies together and realized the importance of committing my life to Jesus Christ and took my stand in Him again the powers written about in Ephesians. The sad part of this is that there are few counsellors who are truly equipped by God to deal with this and the experience is terrifying, isolating and life threatening. My request is this, that you pray to God asking him to provide for us divinely annointed, appointed and equipped counsellors who truly understand the experience. Secondly, that you do not judge us or rationalize what we have done that God has allowed this because Christ died for my sins as well as yours. Comfort us and pray for us. Thirdly, that the invisible powers are terrorists and criminals and should be viewed as such. They are capable of disabling any person of strategic importance and destroying economies and thus are a threat to humanity. Forthly, that Christ's command "to love our enemies" has been personally very difficult for me. I recognize that many of them have been likewise tortured beyond belief with mind and body control weapons and need to be kept rooted in Christ and salvation theology. We are blessed for God's use and service in Jesus Christ. I trust the outcome to God and God's awesome love, wisdom, and power to transform lives and to prosper us and give us hope and a future to the honour and glory of His name and for all our sakes.
In Christ,
Alma