Tuesday, December 12, 2006

BREAKING FREE

Breath of Life, breathe on me...
Wind of God, blow through me...
Spirit of Truth, rebirth me...
pull back the covers of my practical, logical world
and baptize my knowledge with the mystery of faith.
help me to believe and to stop trying to understand.
after all, how could I ever wrap my mind around something--
someone--
greater than the universe itself?

your presence doesn't make me comfortable,
but it comforts me.
your light isn't easy to look at,
but it reveals me.
the spiritual life is an absurd mystery.
help me to enter it,
as it enters me.
the first step isn't one of reason, but one of faith.
help me to take it. even now. even here. today.
amen.

1 comment:

Merissa said...

Thanks once again, Cathy for your words of life and encouragement. God bless you!

He gave me a cheer-me-up gift today. I finally received my license to be a Registered Nurse. It has been 4 1/2 years of hard work with His complete strength and blessing.