Thursday, November 16, 2006

The power is in the cross of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:18).

We overcome the devil by the blood of the Lamb, the word of our testimony and by loving not our lives unto death (Revelations 12:11). The blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony come easily for most Christians. Resistance sets in when it comes to loving not our lives unto death. Instead of submitting to God and resisting the devil, we unwittingly submit to the devil by resisting our death to self on the cross.
We long for the glory of God until the refining fires begin to burn up the wood, hay and stubble of our lives. It takes faith to entrust ourselves to the consum- ing fires of God. It takes faith to know when He tries us, we will come forth as gold. It takes faith to know that even in the darkness He is a light for us.
Lord Jesus, refine me. Teach me. Lead me. Convict me. Protect me. Strengthen me. Help me. Comfort me. Reveal the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus to me and set me free from the law of sin and death. In Your Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: