Thursday, October 12, 2006

Risk = Reward

I read this on a blog just now and it really spoke to me:

We all have things we want to leave behind. I wrote a blog entry a long time ago about Freedom and how it feels to experience live without fear. I wish that could be a way of life for me, but it still creeps in. I must remember how those days felt and refuse to go back there.

I want to encourage you, whoever you are, to take heart and to keep faith in Christ. It is easy to become discouraged and cynical in a world where these perspectives are encouraged. It is easy to give in to the despair. It is easy to sink into passivity, refusing to be vulnerable, refusing to be the man or woman you were created to be. It is easy to settle for second-best and to live life with horrible secrets and pain. It takes courage to take risks, share your heart with others, stay positive, step out of the shadows, pursue healing. But these things lead to fulfillment. Take risks! Risk = Reward. This is more true than not, and a lesson I am continuing to learn, despite my incredibly thick skull and bad memory. Its about your God-given identity and destiny...but it can only come through repentance which means "an about-face or a turning around 180 degrees." We must recognize the lies that we are believing, for the enemy of our soul is very cunning and crafty. He knows how to set traps for us to keep us from the very destiny and freedom that God has in store. Don't give up. Don't give in. Greater is the Spirit of God in you, than the evil one. Submit to God, resist the devil and he will run from you. Then humble yourself under God's hand and He will lift you up. Ask Him and He will do this. Its worth the risk.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your blogg.. very inspiational..
Keep up the good work and God bless you..

Cathy said...

Butterfly:
Thanks for visiting and for your comment! ..I have visited your blog also and find it very encouraging...I will keep checking in..

~C

Carrie said...

Thank you for your comment... I needed it....