Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My summer so far...

Ok, I just realized that I have really not many personal comments on my blog. Now, there is proabably a reason for that. I think I'm just uncomfortable talking about myself...especially to people who are well...could be..strangers. But, I decided since I have very little about my personal life on here, that I would stray from the norm, and add a personal note today.

So, what has been going on for us this summer? Well, lets see if I can remember. It is difficult once one is over 45 to remember these things..oh and I have also noticed that my eyesight is not what it used to be. But I still feel young...hey, in fact, my youngest son, who is now 15 said to me yesterday how "young" I was. At first I thought he might be joking (not that he ever jokes with me..haha), but I actually think he was serious. Do you know how amazing that is..?? 15 year olds rarely give their parents compliments ok? So, anyway, I took it as one.

Ok, back to my original topic. Summer. Sorry for rambling. Ah, the beginning of the summer was pretty good. We said good-bye to our Austrian student, Mike who had been with us for 5 months. In that time, he has received the Lord, gone to Youth Convention in Kamloops and went on a mission trip to Mexico. Before he left we gave him a Bible and a devotional book. Then, shortly after that, our 19 year old son Austin left Gibsons for Calgary to stay with his dad and his dad's new wife, and work there for most of the summer. :( we missed him. Then, I left for my mission trip to Mexico for almost two weeks! In that time, Mario our youngest, went to Calgary for the wedding, went to Nanoose Bay Camp, and volunteered at Camp Sunrise here on the coast. Then after coming back from Mexico, the same day I arrive back within an hour or so, my relatives from Norway showed up and stayed 4 days! The day after they came, our Japanese student arrived also. So, I hit the ground running coming back from the Mexico mission trip! I am now only recouperating from all the activity..it was fun though...

So, now I'm back at work. I work as part-time secretary at the church office. I also work part time at home as a "data-entry" person. Hmm. I enjoy being a mother. But that is slowly changing..at least the role is changing. I'm not complaining. That's a good thing. But sometimes I miss the "what's that mommy?" or the "mommy, can you carry me?" etc. etc. But its all good. They are becoming there own persons - growing into what God created them to be, and even if they take detours to get there, I believe that God is working out his plan for both of them. It doesn't make me miss those younger days any less though!... I enjoy my kids no matter what stage they are at..they were given to me by God, and I dedicated them both to the Lord at a very young age. They really belong to Him. He is well able to take care of them.

Jude 1:24To him who is able to keep them from falling and to present them before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

So, where are we..? Oh yeah. Summer. Well, then after all the company from Norway left, Mario came back from camp and we hired him to help in painting the house, and various other duties. He has done a great job. He still has about 40 hours to finish by September to complete his committment. The money he makes he is going to put in his RESP, of which we contribute matching amounts to whatever he puts in..whew. (Looks like he's in for a big haul at the beginning of September.)

Usually we go to Calgary for a visit with family at the end of August, but this year its kindof up in the air. Our vehicle hasnt been running the greatest so we may not go this time. Jerry was thinking he might fly by himself for a visit sometime in September but we'll see. Jerry still has alot of office work to finish so....

Well, I hope this didnt sound too boring. I dont have much else to write.

Later!

No comments: