Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mexico Mission

Foundation for His Ministries - Baja Mexico
Well, in two days, Saturday morning a group of 14 from Gibsons are heading off to the mission. Our mandate will be to work for one week at an orphanage doing various tasks, duties, ministries - basically just whatever needs doing. After that, for the next 3 days we will be building a house for a single mother - I think its a pre-fab home, but we saw a sample picture and although small, it looks wonderful! I can hardly wait! This is going to be a great group - young and late teens, early twenties, mid-thirties, mid-fourties, and mid-fifties (sorry Jack, I think you're the oldest - hehe). Anyway, I'm really excited because God always does something amazing when I go to Mexico. I went two years ago to Oaxaca for a leaders conference, then this past November to an orphanage in Morelia, and now to Vicente Guerrero. Its amazing how much exchange happens when we go to serve, God pours so much back into us. We get to bless them materially, but they bless us so much more as they give of themselves spiritually!! The Mexican people have always ministered to me in a very deep, personal, and powerful way. Please pray that those on the trip would be impacted beyond anything they could ask, think or imagine! Some are really needing an encounter with the Lord as well as direction. Also, there is a stirring in me of message for the mission, or for someone there. It comes out of Ezekiel 2-3. Pray that I will be faithful and set my face as flint. Sounds like it might be pleasant to receive, but difficult to deliver:
Ezekiel 3:3Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat this scroll I am giving you and fill your stomach with it." So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth.
Revelation 10:9So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey."
Revelation 10:10I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

You know, one of the most amazing experiences I have had was in Oaxaca and it happened after delivering a prophetic message to them, and then telling them about our spiritual poverty in Gibsons and the Sunshine Coast, and asking them to pray for us. No sooner had I asked this than everyone (about 250 - 300 Mexican leaders) broke out in spontaeous intercession/prayer for Gibsons, the Sunshine Coast, and for Canada! The Spirit came down so powerfully, that I stumbled back to my seat almost not able to walk. It must have lasted what seemed like an hour. A spiritual connection was made that day and I know that the Oaxacan people have been praying for us since. I know that God hears their prayers! I can hardly wait to go back there again to see these amazing, wonderful people! Thanks to all who read this blog, and support us in prayer. Thanks to all of you who have a burden for Canada and who intercede on behalf of this nation. It is difficult to stand in the gap. At times I myself have felt physical pain much like birth contractions... then I read this:

Romans 8:25-27 (The Message)All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy. Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome time!