Monday, June 26, 2006

Mom here, transition and money

Well, I just came back from Vancouver to pick my mom up from the airport. She's from Calgary and is just coming for a quick visit till Friday. We had a nice dinner tonight. My brother John was here too. I pray for my family often.

I was thinking today while in the car driving. Its interesting how God has intertwined to many lives together. I wonder what lies ahead this year. So many random thoughts today. I have a deep sense of peace but am finding it hard to focus. So much happening on so many levels. Transition is the key word here I think, and in transition there is what I would call, organized chaos. Everything is changing...and thats a good thing....but its not easy on those of us who like routines, formulas, and predictability. Not that anything is truly predictable, but I guess we fool ourselves into thinking it is..especially in this society where we can "control" so much. Hey, I found a really good quote on an email from a good friend so I'll end my posting with it:

"It is a very serious thing to grow rich! Of all the temptations to which God's children are exposed, it is the worst, because it is the one that they do not dread. Believe me, there is no trial as great as no trial." (Charles Spurgeon)

No comments: